Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I'm REALLY Flattered

Remember back on my last blog I said how flattered I was to be called in to read for "Owen Meany?" Well, I'm REALLY flattered now....I got the role! Just spoke with Danisha at Round House and I will be playing the role of Dan Needham. Now, this is great for a lot of reasons. First always good to be working. BUT I'm finally going to work at a theatre that I have been trying to work with for the past 6 years! AND it's based on a John Irving novel. I'm rather found of John Irving's work. On an unusual note, I'll be playing a nice guy. Yep, not a villain this time! Now, there's the trip in NY. The film festival was "interesting." It didn't seem as organized as I feel it should have been. Anyway, met some great new friends. (Again, slow on the download of pictures). Met up with my good friends Nancy Robillard and her husband Vincent, Joanna Parson who played Gertie in "Noel and Gertie" with me last summer and our new friends Frank and Doug. Except for Andrew and I, everyone was meeting for the first time. From the way we were playing at dinner, you would think we'd known each other for years. Just fantastic! Then on Sunday the concierge at the hotel (BTW, the Roosevelt hotel is fabulous) got us second row seats for "Spamalot." I LOVE that show. Of course I'm a huge Monty Python fan, so it wasn't really a reach for me. Then dinner with Frank and Doug after the show. Again, we had so much fun we almost missed our train. Can't wait till we meet with them again sometime. We may even plan a trip together sometime. Who knows? Next week....callback for "The Long Christmas Ride Home" at Studio. That would be great as it would start rehearsals right after "Owen Meany" closes. Oh and today I had my audition for "The Foreigner" at Olney. Got a callback for the role of Froggy. Would have loved to do it, but "Owen Meany" is the same time! When it rains it pours!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Q 5 Go said...

CONGRATS MT FRIEND!!!

Tue May 16, 07:30:00 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

DUDE! Awesome! Let me know when Owen Meany happens. It's odd for you to play nice guys? I've never seen you play a bad guy! (Out of the two times I worked with you). So, good for you. I shall live vicariously. In my professional life, the future currently only holds the sounds of crickets.

Wed May 17, 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger Donna Migliaccio said...

Congratulations, Carl!

Thu May 18, 08:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home